The Birthday Book Donation Program offers an opportunity for STCS families to celebrate and memorialize a child’s birthday or special event and make a contribution to the STC Griffin Library book collection. Before the month of a child’s birthday, families will be invited to select a hardbound book from the STCS Library Book Wishlist.
Celebration books may be selected for the library for other reasons, such as mastering a challenging task, receiving First Holy Communion or honoring a special mentor. Grandparents or other relatives may also contribute books in a child’s honor.
– Families choose a book from the STCS Library Collection Wish List.
– Families email Betty Pruski with the name of the student and the book.
– Families may pay through FACTS, credit card, or check.
– A bookplate will be placed inside the front cover of the selected book with the student’s name, birthdate, and day of donation.
– The student will be able to be the first student to check-out the book.
– The teachers of the students in the Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd Grade may choose to read the book to the class.
– The student will have their picture taken presenting the book to Dr. Newcomb or Mrs. Rice and the picture will be posted on the STCS Website and Facebook page.
– The student will receive a personalized letter from Dr. Newcomb commemorating the donation.
– If the student’s birthday falls during the summer, the family may choose an alternate school day for the presentation and picture.
For additional information, please contact the STCS School Office.