Saint Theresa Catholic School is proud to have graduates attending many of the finest schools in the Houston area. Among those applying to selective, private high schools, 100% of our graduates have been accepted to their top choice institution. Parents of current eighth grade students may find these resources useful as they explore options for their children following their time at STCS.
Saint Agnes Academy and Strake Jesuit
Please find the links below for the permission slips for the visits to St. Agnes and Strake Jesuit. Their schools have moved to online permission slips, but we would like to have paper copies for our files at STCS. Please follow the link to complete the form and, if possible, print a copy to turn in to the STCS office.
St. Agnes and Strake are very excited that your students will be visiting this year. They work hard with their students and faculty to provide a quality visit, and we appreciate your willingness to have them visit as they explore the options available for their next educational step. Here are a few additional points:
Most important, based upon your feedback and the need for more instructional time, they have changed the visit time to 9:00am – 12:00pm. This will allow the students to get back to campus for afternoon classes. This change requires that they pick up your students early – right after they are dropped off at school –between 8:00 am – 8:15 am. It is very important that students are dropped off BEFORE 8:00 am on the day of the visit.
• They will still provide lunch for your students. If any student has a food allergy or sensitivity, please have them bring a sack lunch.
• Also, because the visits are very active, they ask that the students wear athletic shoes that day for the sake of safety.
The link for St. Agnes Academy for the 8th grade girls is: https://www.saaconnect.org/permission-form—8th-grade-visits
The link for Strake Jesuit for the 8th grade boys is: https://forms.strakejesuit.org/admissions/admissions-pages/campus-visit-permission-form
If you have any questions about your visit, please contact the STCS office, or:
Maddy Echols at St. Agnes Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org) 713-219-5411; or
Patti McNeil at Strake Jesuit (email@example.com)713-490-8113
Saint John XXIII
Saint John XXIII is a co-ed Catholic high school in Katy, Texas that our 8th grade students will visit soon. The following important dates and deadlines were provided to us by Lynsey Hepburn, their director of admissions. Please know that STCS will soon be sharing more details about the entrance exams (ISEE and HSPT).
From Ms. Hepburn:
- Our Open House will be Sunday November 5th, 2017 from 1 to 3 pm.
- Our due date for the Online Admission Application will be Friday December 15th, 2017 of this year, with the Teacher Recs and School Records due by Monday January 15th, 2018 one month later. This new set of dates is something that several of the Catholic High Schools are trying this year. We would like to receive the online application prior to the school records.
- We will host ISEE testing on both Saturday November 11th, 2017 and Saturday February 3rd, 2018 and HSPT testing on Saturday January 20th, 2018. Any additional HSPT testing after the group testing date will be scheduled on an individual basis here at St. John XXIII.
- Additionally, we will host 3 Official Shadow Days here at St. John XXIII that will allow your students to experience a full day of shadowing paired with a school pep rally. These will be offered Friday September 15, 2017, Friday October 6th, 2017, and Friday October 27th, 2017. All other shadow days will be half days.
Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding the Admissions process or the school in general!
Lynsey Hepburn, M Ed
Director of Admissions
Main Line: 281-693-1000
Direct Line: 281-396-8015